How to get rid of worms and other parasites is vital for everyone to know, because according to statistics, almost 90% of the population of our country is infected with parasites and many do not even know about it. Folk remedies for the treatment of parasites in the human body are a whole storehouse of useful recipes and tips. And they are sometimes no less effective and safer than drugs.
Treatment of harmful parasites with folk remedies can be used as an adjunct to medical therapy prescribed by a doctor.
The disease caused by parasitic worms is called helminthiasis. There are about 250 species of worms, divided into 2 species:
- The first species are nematodes and roundworms that live in the gut. They attach to the intestinal wall, easily penetrate the brain, ears, lungs, eyes and liver, causing significant damage to health.
- The second type are tapeworms and flukes, which feed on human blood, which contains all the nutrients necessary for their life.
Causes of helminth infestation
Knowing the most common causes of helminthiasis will help protect yourself and your loved ones from this nasty disease.
Parasites can enter the human body in different ways:
- In contact with soil containing worm eggs contained in animal and human waste. For this reason, hands should be washed thoroughly with soap and water after handling soil or sand. In case of frequent contact with the soil, it is best not to have long nails. If it is not possible to wash your hands, use alcohol-based hand gels.
- Contact with animals. Communicating with stray animals or pets that have access to the street is fraught with a risk of worm infection.
- In case of insufficient food processing. Abuse of raw or prepared foods can also lead to helminthiasis.
- Through the water. Peasants and villagers are particularly susceptible to infection due to the fact that many helminth eggs fall into open water bodies. It is necessary to boil water that is collected in wells and springs. Swimming in lakes and ponds is also dangerous, as contaminated water is more likely to enter the esophagus.
- When communicating with a person suffering from helminthiasis. With such contacts there is a high risk of infection with pinworms. They lay eggs near a person's anus and cause severe itching. In an attempt to get rid of the characteristic burning sensation, people begin to comb the affected area and the parasites fall on their hands.
The presence of worms in the human body contributes to the deterioration of immunity, which leads to serious diseases, which is why it is necessary to take measures at the first symptoms of infection.
Symptoms of infection
The signs of a parasitic infection are very similar to the symptoms of other diseases, but if there are 2-3 manifestations, you should contact an infectious specialist and pass the appropriate tests that will help you choose the optimal treatment.
Symptoms of helminthiasis include:
- high temperature;
- loose stools;
- skin rash; sore throat;
- bad breath;
- poor appetite;
- painful abdominal cramps;
- restless sleep;
- poor performance;
- gnashing of teeth during sleep (bruxism);
- increased irritability.
A number of symptoms are accompanied by edema with different localization.
The drug can give good results even at home, but you should consult your doctor before using it. The drugs have a high degree of toxicity, therefore, before deciding how to remove the worms yourself, you should trust a specialist in choosing the treatment and dosage of anthelmintic drugs.
All drugs designed to fight parasites in the body have one but significant drawback: they are all toxic and can be dangerous to humans.
Pharmacology offers a wide range of excellent broad-spectrum drugs to deal with this delicate problem, but many still believe that folk remedies for worms are safer and more effective. Homeopathic remedies are also effective in treating helminthiasis, but we must not forget that herbs, like medicines, have their contraindications. The appropriateness of their use should also be agreed with the attending physician. Here are the most popular folk recipes in the fight against helminthiasis.
Popular folk remedies
- Wormwood is the most common and effective treatment for worms. Boil wormwood in an amount of 25 g with boiling water, leave to simmer. When the grass settles to the bottom, strain and drink this broth for half a cup on an empty stomach 15-20 minutes before eating. Continue the procedure for three days. This is usually enough for the herb to act on the worms, and if a 1: 1 centenarian is added to the broth, then the effect can be greatly enhanced.
- Bow. Cut a medium-sized onion into small pieces, pour 1 liter of cold water, cool for 10 hours, then strain through cheesecloth and drink 100 g twice a day;
- Garlic. Boil 50-60 g of fresh garlic in 200 ml of milk for 15 minutes. Drink 4 times a day for a week before meals. This is a good way to deal with pinworms.
- Pomegranate peel Grind the product, add water at a rate of 1: 10, boil, take three times a day.
- sorrel. 1 kg of sorrel is poured with 1 liter of boiling water and cooked in a water bath for one hour.
- Hot red pepper. It fights parasites well. For children we can recommend carrots - they have the same properties.
- Tansy. Boil the flowers with a glass of boiling water, leave for 4 hours, drain. Drink 25 ml four times a day 20 minutes before meals.
- Trinity. Mix 50 g of cloves, 25 g of bitter wormwood and 100 g of tansy flowers, grind to a powder. Admission is in the following order. The first day - 1 time 30 minutes before meals (1 teaspoon of powder with water). The second day - 2 times in the same way. The third day - according to the same scheme, only three times a day. Troychatka is contraindicated for pregnant women with gastric ulcer and gastritis.
- Nettle. Nettle (200 g), collected in May, pour 0, 5 liters of vodka. Tie the neck of the bottle with gauze or a rag. Store the tincture on the window for the first day, the remaining 8 days - in a dark place. Strain, squeeze, drink twice a day 1 teaspoon on an empty stomach. This vitamin infusion will help the body recover faster after a course of parasite therapy.
Wormwood, onion and garlic are the most effective and affordable folk remedies for worms.
- Coriander. The seeds should be well calcined in a dry pan, ground in a coffee grinder. Take 1 g 3 times a day.
- Watermelon seeds with milk. Grind the seeds, add milk in a ratio of 1: 10, drink 250 ml twice a day.
- Cedar nuts. Consume 50-100 g daily for 2 months. During this period, do not eat meat products and animal fats.
- Green pine cones. Wash the product, add water and keep it on the fire for 6 hours. Then take it out of the water, add sugar to the liquid and boil for another 1 hour. Drink the broth in the morning, before breakfast, 2 tbsp.
- Mountain berry. It is prepared as a tea. Drink 100 ml 3 times a day.
- Cognac and garlic. Mix 400 g of garlic and half a liter of brandy. Insist in a dark place for 3 weeks. Drink 1 teaspoon in the morning for 2 months.
- Fuck. Chop the root, mix with sour cream, mayonnaise or vegetable oil. Eat in the morning and evening 1 tsp. Course 5 days. A good remedy for giardiasis. For prevention it is used for 2 days in spring and autumn.
- Birch buds. Take 10 g of kidneys and 100 g of vodka as a base. Insist 2 weeks, strain through a sieve, drain. Take 15-20 drops before meals. Helps well against small worms. Restores the liver and stomach.
- Ginger. An alcoholic tincture can be made from this product. Grind 500 g of root on a fine grater, add half a liter of vodka and leave for 2 weeks in a dark place. Take the tincture 2 weeks 3 times a day, 1 teaspoon 30 minutes before meals.
This is the safest method and virtually eliminates side effects.
- Baking soda enema. For 1 liter of warm water add and mix well 30 g of baking soda, make an enema and keep the liquid inside the intestine for 30 minutes. Then make another enema to cleanse, but without baking soda.
- Garlic enema. Grind 50 g of garlic to a pulp, add 250 ml of warm water, strain and perform the procedure. Drink a regular laxative.
Antiparasitic baths are another traditional way to deal with worms. This will help partially get rid of parasites. For adults you can prepare a bath from a mixture of decoction of herbs thyme, nettle, wormwood, chamomile, cumin, yarrow. This bath works through the skin. As soon as the parasites start to appear, it is necessary to powder the skin with flour, which will not allow the worms to climb back and remove them with a sponge.
Special devices to eliminate helminth infestation
You can now see helminth removal devices in specialty stores. To use them or not is everyone's personal business. However, there are a few facts about these devices that you need to look at carefully:
- The devices only kill adults, while cysts and larvae remain, which means that the parasites will start reproducing again.
- Dead parasites should be removed from the body as soon as possible to avoid intoxication. These devices do not have this feature.
- Worms injure internal organs, which must be repaired after the parasites are expelled. The devices also fail to cope with such a task.
- These technical devices are still poorly understood - it is not known how their radiation affects human organs and blood cells.
Worms in children
Children are more prone to these nasty diseases than adults. Babies still do not have enough hygiene skills and it is the responsibility of adults to teach all this. Children need to understand this:
- You cannot sit at the table if your hands are not washed;
- you need to wash after you are on the street and visit the toilet;
- you can only drink boiled or filtered water;
- is forbidden to eat dirty vegetables and fruits;
- you should not take foreign objects in your mouth, suck your fingers and bite your nails;
- do not touch street animals;
- no need to use other people's personal care products.
Carrots, pumpkin seeds, onions and garlic can be given to children as a preventative measure.
But what if the baby has worms? First of all, do not self-medicate! Only a specialist can make the right choice of treatment. Folk remedies can be used only if the child is allergic to drugs and strictly under the supervision of a doctor.
If your baby has the following symptoms, this is a good reason to see a doctor:
- decreased appetite or, conversely, a constant feeling of hunger;
- sharp pain around the navel;
- diarrhea, constipation;
- pale skin, blue under the eyes;
- the appearance of dermatitis or diathesis;
However, only a third of children infected with parasites experience certain symptoms, the rest of the presence of worms may not be accompanied by any signs. If you suspect that your child is infected with helminths, you should see a doctor.
How to remove worms from a child? To do this, you need to carry out the following therapy in 3 stages:
- First, you need to prepare your body to eliminate parasites. Pumpkin or linseed oil, intestinal adsorbent, choleretic agent are used for this.
- The doctor then prescribes broad-spectrum anthelmintic drugs. They can be both healing and more gentle based on herbal ingredients.
- Means are taken to restore the digestive system, liver, lungs, increase immunity, as well as to saturate the body with vitamins and trace elements.
It should be understood that the fight against parasites is a long process that requires the patient to exclude any self-medication and strictly follow all prescriptions and recommendations of a specialist. At the same time, medicine does not stand still and new developments are emerging that allow you to quickly and safely get rid of parasites in the body.